Monday, December 20, 2010

My Cookie Exchange Choice

We have had a very busy time, as most people do, this holiday season. Daryl and I celebrated our 27th anniversary by going onto Hotwire.com and booking a motel room in beautiful Rancho Mirage for two nights. We did much of our Christmas shopping while there and gave ourselves a tour of celebrity homes (Dean Martin, Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, etc.) which was lots of fun. As we were enjoying each other's company, Daryl said, "This is what it will be like in a few years--just me and you." I'm so glad we love being together and still enjoying romance.
     Well, tonight is our Cookie Exchange--the first one I have ever hosted, and the first I have ever attended. I have to admit, I'm more of a cookie buyer than a cookie baker! I have tested 3 recipes, and finally decided on the Chocolate Crinkles. They are easy and cute! I tried Cinnamon Pinwheels, but the dough kept breaking up as I tried to roll it. I was trying this recipe at 3:30 this morning and got frustrated--my frustration manifests itself in me muttering to myself and growling. I had Jessica try a chocolate covered peanut butter ball recipe, but--I don't know--they tasted wonderful, but I just wasn't satisfied with their appearance. So one more shot--Chocolate Crinkles. I'm getting ready to put the second batch in the oven. The first batch turned out beautifully--just like the picture! I think this will be my recipe for every Cookie Exchange from now on :)   By the way, the Cookie Exchange "rules" suggest that you use a recipe that is familiar to you and that you bake the cookies at least 3 days in advance--oh well, there's always next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment