Friday, March 25, 2011

Abercrombie and Fitch



I saw on the news this morning that the clothing store Abercrombie will be selling padded bikinis for girls ages 8-14. People are upset, and I'm glad that they are, but no one seems to be upset that little girls or pre-teen girls are wearing bikinis in the first place. Of course I think that Abercrombie should take the bikinis off their clothing racks, but how about moms not buying bikinis for their little girls in the first place? Every spring when I walk through the stores and see how small the clothing is for the season, I cringe inside. Not only will my family be subject to seeing too much skin, but so will every pedophile who prowls the streets. Moms and dads are making their own daughters targets for all the perverts out there. My heart hurts for the lack of modesty being taught to girls. What do you think?


5 comments:

  1. Laurie, you are right. And yet the beaches and water parks will be full this summer of both barely clad children and pedophiles...and the parent's heads stuck in the sand saying, "oh, they're just kids".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful to be a not-so-old fogie! We swim fully clothed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there may be a lot of perverse marketing out there, but parents do not have to succumb to the lure. People should protect their children:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. I don't have kids. However, I'm a teacher and I am so glad we have school uniforms to keep the children dressed decently.
    God bless,
    Steve
    Luke 18:1

    ReplyDelete