Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm So Glad I'm a Part of the Family of God

   

     I love how God chooses to send encouragement at just the right time! Today we had some shopping to do at Walmart, so my husband, Jessica, William, Keith, and I all went together. While Jessica and I were having some pictures made, my husband and the boys did some shopping for clothing for our growing 13 year-old.  A young couple with four children passed by my husband and the boys but did not say anything.  As we all left the store and headed toward our van, that same couple was loading up their shopping into their van.  The man stopped my husband and asked him if he was a missionary.  My husband said that he was the pastor at the First Baptist Church of 29 Palms and told the young man that we had been there for 8 months. We were overjoyed to find out that this couple are missionaries to Fiji. Rebecca, the wife, had grown up in this area, and they were back in the United States from Fiji while on furlough. They are attending Calvary Baptist Church here in little old Yucca Valley while they are back. Brother Kumar is a graduate of Golden State College, and we have many mutual friends in the ministry.   
     Today we met a brother and sister in Christ that we had never met before, but in a matter of minutes we became friends. In the not too distant future we will have the Kumar's and their children over for dinner and enjoy some sweet fellowship with them. It really is amazing how there is such a kinship between Christians.  Once we accept Christ as our personal Saviour, we become a part of God's wonderful family. There is nothing like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment