Friday, October 28, 2011

Transitions: Learning New Lessons

    



     My husband and I were at the bank the other day, and the young man who helped us with our business was very hospitable, friendly, and helpful. Usually banking isn't a whole lot of fun, but he really made it a pleasant experience. We were changing from one bank to another, and he was helping us set up our new online account. He made a statement that got me thinking; he said, "A lot of people don't want to learn new ways of doing things because they have always done things a certain way--like texting, online banking, using bank cards."  It was really, really nice of him not to say "older folks like you," but I caught his drift!

   
      I don't want to live a fear-filled, worry-filled life.  At this point in my life, I know that God has always provided more than enough food, a roof over our heads, and lots and lots of extras that we never even asked for. God has been more than good to our family.  About a year ago, we made a huge life transition; now we are in the process of making another life transition. On occasion, a zing of fear and doubt courses through me, but I remind myself that God has always taken care of us.  Proverbs 3:4-5 is my meditation verse, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."  There is something to be said about having walked with God for many years. I have seen God come through so many times, that I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I can trust Him to see us through again. It would really be ridiculous anyhow to doubt God's providential care--the Bible is full of examples of people who did not trust Him, and they didn't end up doing too well.


      Whenever God changes things up, I can take heart in knowing
that God still has lessons for me to learn--He doesn't think I'm
an old dog who can't be taught anything new! In fact, he is
wanting to see how much I trust Him to teach me something new.

     Okay, God! I'm ready to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment