I love the everyday stories and being able to share the great times our family has, but for the past 6-8 months, the telling of pithy stories has been difficult because life has been so serious. We have been touched by death, unemployment, betrayal, spiritual warfare, and severe disappointment. We have had so many experiences that cannot be shared because they are too deep and too personal to be lightly retold in a blog or in a quip on Facebook. Our nights are often interuptted by rivers of tears that flow down our faces, into our ears and dampen our pillowcases. As we head through our valley, some of things that have kept us sane are the following:
- We have searched inward to see what lessons God is trying to teach us.
- We have soothed our souls with God's Word which never fails and always gives hope.
- We have prayed individually and sought God's will.
- We have prayed as a family while holding hands and shedding tears together.
- We have prayed for other's needs which always keeps our experience in perspective.
- We have given thanks over and over again for God's many blessings of which we are so undeserving.
- We have never stopped laughing.
- We have kept our bodies and minds busy.
- We have drawn close to some dear men of God who have blessed us with their encouragment and have annointed us with their tears. Dr. Bruce Goddard, Dr. Jeff Owens, and Dr. Steven Crane have been more than friends.