Monday, April 23, 2012

Does God Hear My Prayers?

                                                    

I think all of us know that God really does hear our prayers, but haven't you felt at times that your prayers are just evaporating the moment they leave your mouth or mind? I just want to share with you today a couple of verses that have assured me through the years of the importance of my prayers to God.

Psalm 142:1-3  I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.  I poured out my complaint before him;  I shewed before him my trouble.  When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knowest my path.

God does hear your voice. He hears your complaints.  When you share your troubles with Him, He listens and He knows everything you are going through.

This is another verse that blesses my soul concerning my prayers to God:

Revelation 5:8  And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of the saints.

Your prayers to God are REAL! I love those words "...golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints."  Our prayers do not hit the ceiling and stay captured in the same room in which we are praying; they make their way to Heaven where they become precious to God. I don't know about you, but that is AMAZING and EXCITING to me!

So when you feel like you are spinning your wheels in your prayer life, don't get discouraged.  Keep on praying--God HEARS your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog. Following back. Just spend some time browsing--your blog is full of lovely inspiration. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete