Saturday, April 7, 2012

Getting Ready for Easter Day

We have spent a portion of the day preparing for a dinner with Keith, Tracy, Lauren, and Will Whitehouse tomorrow.  Some of my thoughts are with my mom who will be spending her first Easter without her sweetie, Bob, who went to Heaven in January.  She has had a hard time with all the "firsts" without him, but she has a full day planned for herself. I'm so proud of her!

As I was making coleslaw and deviled eggs for tomorrow, the little girl who lives across the courtyard from us, brought us 2 pizzas and a Star Wars cake--why Star Wars? I have no idea, but we'll take it! I was so happy that I didn't even have to think about dinner--I just had to heat the oven and pop the pizzas in!  God bless good neighbors!

                                                

When I was growing up, my mom made an Easter bunny cake every Easter.  I have also made the same cake for my kids throughout the years.  This year, Jessica wanted to make the bunny cake. My bunny cakes always had the same sweet, simple, happy bunny face, but I noticed that Jessica's bunny appeared to be a little moody (excuse his ears--they weren't quite finished):

Feeling Pensive

Feeling Angry

Feeling Dapper
                                           

We will be attending church at Calvary Baptist Church in Yucca, Valley tomorrow morning.  It's always good to see our friends there, and I always enjoy hearing Pastor Watkins preach.  We are going to spend the rest of the day with the other part of the Whitehouse family in Highland, CA.

What a joy to know that I serve a risen Saviour!  Of all the gods or creators of religions, none but Jesus my Lord has ever risen from the dead. I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter day!



No comments:

Post a Comment