Saturday, December 11, 2010
I kind of miss the snow.
The towns around here have less decorations.
It doesn't really feel Christmasy because it's not cold.
I'm sick of hearing my own gripes, so I've decided to come up with a list of things that I will do to help me enjoy my Christmas in full force this year:
1. Enjoy the amazing weather! It got up to 80 degrees today while we were out shopping. Do I really want to be in snow and bitter cold? The answer is NO!
2. Enjoy my Christmas music every chance I get. Like Andy Williams says, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"
3. I'm going Christmas caroling at a nursing home with ladies from my church.
3. I'm organizing a cookie exchange at the church--I got that idea from Mrs. Julie Fink.
4. I'm going to our church Christmas play. James, Jessica, and William are in it!
5. I'm going to read my Bible and study it every day.
6. I'm going to pray for others who have urgent needs like the Petrekis family whose baby son needs a life-saving transplant and Jay and Fran Priddy who lost both of their best friends this week, the Rodriguez's.
7. I'm going to send email card greetings to friends and family.
8. Jessica and I are going to bake cookies, and the plan is to invite someone to help us.
9. We are going to spend time with our family here--Uncle Keith, Aunt Tracy, Lauren, Will, and Tracy's grandma. They are all so much fun! We love laughing with them and spending time with them.
10. We will attend a Christmas Eve service at my brother-in-law's church in San Bernardino.
11. I will help someone who is needy have a great Christmas.
12. I will not overindulge in holiday foods, but I will enjoy holiday treats such as special teas and coffees--YUM! Amendment: I will try not to overindulge in holiday treats. lol
13. I will burn my holiday candles and enjoy the scents of the season.
14. I will purchase one new Christmas ornament for our tree.
15. I will count my blessings and thank God for all the many, many ways He shows me His love.
16. I will share the greatest gift of all with others--God's gift of salvation.
17. I will meditate on this verse: Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I feel better already!
*Not only is this the most wonderful time of the year, but this is also the most overbooked time of the year--at least at our house! I realized after posting this that I won't be going Christmas caroling because Daryl and I will be celebrating our 27th anniversary--something else to celebrate!