Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gladys is in Heaven!


 My last post concerned my husband and I visiting with Frank and Gladys on Friday. We received a call from their good friend and fellow church member, Bro. Jay, saying that Gladys went to be with the Lord last night. Yesterday was their 56th anniversary. I am touched by Frank's foresight--he purchased his last anniversary gift, a bouquet of red roses, a few days before their anniversary.  I wish every young couple (and middle-aged for that matter) could have seen the love between these two people. Frank said that back in the early days of their marriage, sometimes they would split a loaf of bread--finances were tight. But they hung on. I have loved seeing commitment in action and commitment followed through to the end. What a blessed inspiration has been the marriage of Frank and Gladys!

IF WE NEVER MEET AGAIN 

Soon we'll come to the end of life's journey
And perhaps never meeting the Lord
Till we gather in Heaven's Bright City
I will meet you on that beautiful shore.
If we never meet again this side of Heaven
As we struggle through this world, and it's strife
There's a bright meeting place somewhere in Heaven
By the side of the River of Life.
Where the charming roses bloom forever, and ever
And where separations come no more
If we never meet again this side of Heaven
I will meet you on that beautiful shore.
                                           Albert E. Brumley and copyrighted in 1945 by "The Stamps Baxter Music Company"

No comments:

Post a Comment