Sunday, December 5, 2010

Technology and Me

Technology and me--it's definitely a love-hate relationship!  Yesterday, I tried to call Bro. Steve who works with the media at our church. I KNOW that his phone number was in my phone...or at least in my husband's phone.  I can't begin to tell you how many times I go to look for a phone number that I know I had, and it is not to be found. Then I have to remind myself that just a few short years ago I had to look up all phone numbers in the phone book--this line of thinking eases my frustration a little bit. lol
     This morning I woke up bright and early and got ready for church. James and Keith had already showered and I was pretty excited about that because they are usually the Sunday morning laggers.  Jessica and I even had time to clean the kitchen and have the place pretty well straightened. We needed to leave about 10 minutes early so I could print some fliers at the church. We headed out the door and drove through Yucca Valley and into Joshua Tree when Daryl said, "Is that time right?" He was looking at the time on the van dashboard. I looked at my watch which also said 9:20 a.m.  I started feeling very "Twilight Zone-ish."  Our Sunday school class starts at 9:30. How could it be 9:20 when the clock on my nightstand (which is the one we use the most) said that we left the house at 8:10? I unfolded my cell phone and checked the time--9:20!! Oh no!!! Usually we enjoy the desert scenery as we head to church, but on this day it was all about getting there---10 minutes late. I don't know what happened to my clock; maybe there was a power blip. Who knows.
     Technology--gotta love it; gotta hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment