Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm a Cell -Phone- Talking -While -Driving Hypocrite!

     I am getting ready to go to my Bible study. This week's lesson is on the discipline of marriage.  I am always excited to get together with the ladies discuss what we got out of God's Word and the author's insights.

     A few weeks ago, this was a verse that was used in our Bible study:  1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake:  whether it be to the king as supreme; or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.  For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

      Our Bible study book had made this statement concerning the verse:  "As a Christian, you must accept the authority of God and make it a life goal to submit every area of your life to His rule and order."  On my way home from the Bible study (which is a 23 mile trek across the desert), I was pondering the verse and the statements made about it in the book when all of sudden another thought, which was totally unrelated to the first thought, invaded my mind--I needed to tell my husband something that I had just remembered! I began scavenging the pockets of my purse with my right hand while keeping my eyes glued to the road.  I found my phone, and as I flipped it open, I thought, "WHAT are you doing? Here you are musing over being submissive in EVERY area of your life, and your going to get on the cell phone while you're driving. You hypocrite!"

    Oh yeah! I caught myself! They Holy Spirit spoke to me directly at the moment, and although His voice was not audible, it may as have been. How am I going to be a good testimony if I am breaking the law by talking on my phone while driving? It's not just a matter of getting caught, but just as I can see others on their phones while they drive, I'm pretty sure they can see me too!

     Sometimes I am a hypocrite, but I sure am glad that God is patient with me while I learn his lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment