Saturday, March 5, 2011
How to Prepare a Family For Sunday Morning
1. Find tights, nylons, and matching socks so that there won't need to be a big hunt on Sunday morning.
2. Do your best to hang up church clothing, especially men's and boy's shirts, right after they come out of the drier. If they still need to be ironed, iron them throughout the week and hang them up.
3. Have the kids get out their shoes and place them in an area where it will be easy just to put them on on Sunday morning before they head out the door. There is nothing worse than hearing, "MOM, I can't find my shoe(s)!"
4. Clean up the dishes on Saturday night--you will be soooo glad you did come Sunday morning.
5. Make sure kids know where belts, ties, and other church paraphernalia is.
6. Have kids get Bibles out and place by shoes.
7. I always loved the idea of a big Sunday dinner, but in reality it hasn't always been possible, and that's okay! Just make sure you have something planned even if it's Campbell's soup and grilled cheese.
8. Have an idea of what you are going to wear and stick with it!
9. I'm a big fan of cereal on a Sunday morning--it's quick and easy, and there is not much of a mess. Even toast and peanut butter is good, and when served on a paper napkin there is even less mess than cereal.
10. Take a few minutes to care for your husbands needs. Does have clean t-shirts in the drawer? Does he have a shirt ironed?
It is very important to guard the spirit of the whole family on Sunday morning. There is nothing that Satan would like better than to have everyone in a grumpy, aggravated, less than spiritual mood. Take just a few steps, and you will find your Sunday morning to be a much more pleasant experience!