Monday, March 5, 2012

Thankful Day

"What am I thankful for today?"  This is the question I ask myself when I need a reminder that God is good all the time--no matter what. Today is one of those days, so here is my actual list of things I am thankful for:

  • My salvation
  • My husband
  • The fact that my husband has more integrity in his pinky than most people will ever have
  • The fact that my husband has always put God first, and me and the kids in a really close second
  • My kids
  • The fact that my kids are some of the strongest, best Christians I know
  • My mom
  • The fact that she is one of the most supportive people I know
  • Extended family that loves me and my family--I love having other people with the same nutty genes to laugh and cry with
  • Friends old and new
  • Men of God who are in our lives and have given wonderful, loving counsel through the years
  • Food on our table
  • My dog Max who sticks close by me at all times
  • California weather which is feeling pretty springy right now
  • Small comforts like reading, blogging, and other activities
  • The ability to understand that God's ways are not my ways
  • The Bible--God speaks to every need I have in His Word
  • Prayer--I can talk to God about anything and everything
Well, that's a start. I could probably include some other things that I have actually given thanks for today--like clean carpet and a container of dish soap that has lasted for 10 months, but if anyone does read this, I don't want to bore them to death! I like a statement I read recently that said, "There is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS something to be thankful for."  Yes, there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment